[Piano Results]
HaH! The moment that all my dear friends have been waiting for. My results. But before I touch on that (suspense), gonna talk about life at school today first. Did nothing much today again. Go through papers etc. However, sort of pissed the Chinese teacher off. The class was late from PE again and this time the Chinese teacher was so angry that she went to have a talk with the PE teacher and Mr Chua. In the end, she 'ate' up Mr Chan's English period for about 20 minutes. GosH! Calculative man. Did the Physics project today. Its like only 2 days and we have to get the project done. What the rush! Went to Shan Joo's house for the project. Did only a little and had to leave for my piano lessons. Hence was quite guilty yeah. But lucky thing I went for my piano if not I will not have known my results.
Rush home, found my teacher there already. Told me that the letter's here (she saw the postman). Went down to the letterbox to collect the results. Did'nt dare to open it up during my rush back home (was too nervous). My teacher opened it up and gave me that look...
FAIL was written on her face. Went to have a look. [93/150]. Failed by 7 marks. Oh! Second time failing after my grade 3. Damnit! She asked me whether I would like to retake Grade 7. Of course normal reaction I say 'NO'. Want to finish this piano thing fast. She had no choice so now I'm promoted to grade 8. My final grade. Have to work very hard for this or will fail again. This time for my last grade must get at least a Merit. Don't care.
My results, number in brackets are the passing mark:
A1:19(20)/30
B3:20(20)/30
C2:19(20)/30
Scales and Arpeggios:12(14)/21
Sight Reading:12(14)/21
Aural Tests:11(12)/18
Additional Comments:
Do not be too discouraged by this result. Each section was near the pass mark, so I am sure that with more time you will be more successful.
Yup. So I'm officially promoted to Grade 8. ^.^ 1 more year and will bid good-bye to piano. Present moment: Not intending to try for the diploma after Grade 8.