
I'm back from the wedding at 1am now. The wedding in Australia is somewhat similar to the one in Singapore but the guests all wear formal wear. Guys have their ties and blazer on and girls, the usual formal stuff. They even have the sheet of menu with your name on it to indicate your seat position, it's really sweet.
There was this small band playing while was quite beautiful but apparently, the sax player didn't polish his sax or should I say, it was rusty and dull until cannot.
Their speed of 'shang cai' is really slow too so that in the meantime the couple will take their time to give their speeches, their bride maid and best man will give theirs, the father of each will give a speech and there is the first dance by the couple and then the dance with the dad. The floor will then be there for guests to dance at the time near last main dish before the desert. There's this China guy at my table who drinks and drinks but is never seen to be drunk. Anyway, there was this another Vietnam-Chinese guy whom was cute and polite. He shook my hand to bid good bye. (笑)
Remember the previous post where I wrote about the cold weather in the mountains, it's really good actually IF there was no rain. It was a sweet little European open air style wedding ceremony with the strings there as accompaniment, the whole setting is awesome but the rain spoilt everything. The temperature dropped to 9c which totally caught all of us by surprise and the only coat I brought was not enough to warm me in my thin dress. Every time the wind blows it will be like hell cold and I will shiver like brrrr. My aunt even joked that now we will never forget them due to this event. (苦笑)
Labels: melbourne